More and more research institutes are pursuing an Open Access strategy, but the search for freely accessible philosophical literature remains difficult. The following list of link tips should help to remedy this.
The leading internet archive of the discipline is PhilPapers. In addition to Open Access articles, it also contains a comprehensive collection of other information available on the Internet.
Sammelpunkt is a disciplinary repository for philosophy. It contains texts from the entire spectrum of philosophy.
More and more universities and research institutes are making content from their members available in repositories. These repositories can be found on ROAR or DOAR. It should be noted that they sometimes differ greatly in terms of usability and functionality.
If you want to search the repositories found in DOAR for texts, we recommend the collection.
Other repositories worth mentioning are:
Open Access journals
Dialectica, Philosopher's Imprint , Ergo and Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews are prominent OA journals that publish articles from all areas of philosophy. In the German-speaking world, the journal LOGOS - Freie Zeitschrift für wissenschaftliche Philosophie, which does not publish historical articles, and the Zeitschrift für philosophische Literatur, which is still in the process of being established, should also be mentioned.
Open Access for books
Further information and links on the topic of "Open Access" can be found on the website of Daniel von Wachter, who also makes neglected German philosophical texts available to the public, and on the philosophy page of Open-acces.net
- overview of research projects in Switzerland
- articles on research projects, in German, French, English and Italian
- overview page: German, French, English, Italian
- research groups: German, French, English, Italian
- our own research: German, French, English, Italian
- do a PhD in philosophy: German, French, English, Italian
- information gathering page about Swiss philosophy
- Swiss Philosophical Preprint Series
- overview of philosophy journals
- starters' kits
- job offers