Postdoc in Family Ethics
Sabine Hohl is looking for a postdoc to work with her and a Ph.D. student in the project “Just Parenthood: The Ethics and Politics of Childrearing in the 21st Century” at the University of Basel. The project is founded by the Swiss National Science Foundation for a period of five years (2023-2028).
- Ph.D. in philosophy (finished within the last 2 years or submitted by the time of the starting date).
- Interest in and, ideally, prior knowledge in family ethics.
- Experience with publishing academic work and/ or ideas for publications.
- Contract for 3 years with possibility of extension for up to a total of 5 years (until April 2028).
- The position is full time. Salary is between 80’000 and 93’000 CHF brutto per year (yearly increases).
- Tasks: Research and organization of events within the project “Just parenthood”, participation in the research colloquium.
- 3000 CHF per year for trips to conferences or workshops.
- Two short stays at other universities budgeted for.
- Place: University of Basel, Switzerland (remote work options can be discussed.)
Please apply to email@example.com.
- Letter of motivation
- Ideas for your research within the project (max. 2 pages)
- 2 references (names and contact information)
- Writing sample (e.g., a chapter of your dissertation or a paper)
- Copies of your diplomas
If you want to apply, please request the project description first by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 10 April 2023.
Starting date between 1 May and 1 August 2023.