We're looking for a stakeholder manager, responsible for the contact with portal, association and Dialectica stakeholders:
- with academic philosophers at Swiss universities and institutes of higher education;
- with students at such institutions, at BA, MA or PhD level;
- with high-school teachers of philosophy and their pupils;
- with scientific librarians and Open Access people at university and communal libraries, and their consortium;
- with people at funding bodies, both public and private;
- with portal authors and contributors;
- with everyone interested in philosophy in Switzerland and everyone interested in Swiss philosophy.
You should be fluent in German and at least two others of our four portal languages and have some basic skills in the fourth (ie. being able to check DeepL translations). You should have basic IT skills and be able to learn quite quickly how to deal with our (rather basic) CMS and how to typeset articles in markdown.
You should have excellent communication and social skills and be very good at writing emails.
You should have a solid background in philosophy, have a rough overview of the Swiss, the European and the global philosophical scene and be interested in getting to know the principal actors.
Place of work is Biel/Bienne for at least two or three days / week; some work may also be done remotely.
What we offer
We offer a fixed-term contract for 14 months, with a probatory period of two months, a competitive salary (36 CHF per hour), a high degree of independence and the opportunity to achieve in-depth knowledge of the Swiss philosophy scene. In addition to the core tasks of the portal administration, your initative and creativity in developping new content series, formats and projects will be very welcome.
How to apply
To apply, send an email with your CV, your contact details and a one-page exposé with some ideas on how to improve the portal (within the bounds of the existing technical functionalities) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1. Zoom-interviews will take place on Friday, 8th of September 2023.