the Centre for Metaphysics
eidos -- the Centre for Metaphysics
eidos, the Centre for Metaphysics, offers a forum for the philosophical work done in
metaphysics at the Universities of Geneva and Neuchâtel,
connecting it to work in other fields and at other universities.
Grounding - Metaphysics, Science, and Logic, a "Sinergia" research project sponsored by the SNF, involving the Universities of Neuchâtel (Fabrice Correia), Geneva (Marcel Weber) and Hamburg (Benjamin Schnieder), including four post-doctoral researchers and one PhD student, 2013-2016.
The Nature of Existence: Neglected Questions at the Foundations of Ontology, a research project sponsored by the SNF, involving the Universities of Neuchâtel (Fabrice Correia) and Geneva (Kevin Mulligan), including two post-doctoral researchers, 2013-2016.
Essence and Metaphysical Grounds, a "professeur boursier" research project sponsored by the SNF, directed by Fabrice Correia, 2011-2013.
- pro*doc Research Module Essentialism and the Mind, part of the pro*doc program Mind and Reality funded by the SNF, including two PhD students, directed by Kevin Mulligan, 2010-2013.
- Intentionality - the Mark of the Mental, a "Sinergia" research project sponsored by the SNF, including three post-doctoral researchers and three PhD students, directed by Fabrice Correia, 2009-2013.
- Perspectival Thoughts and Facts (PETAF), a Marie Curie Initial Training Network funded by the FP7, including (in Geneva) one PhD student, directed by Kevin Mulligan and Fabrice Correia, 2010-2013.
- Fundamentality, a research project sponsored by the SNF, including one post-doctoral researcher, directed by Kevin Mulligan, 2010-2013.
- The Metaphysics of Mental Life, a Sciex-MNSch project funded by the CRUS. (2010/2011)
- The Theory of Essence,
the research project of the SNF-sponsored professor Fabrice Correia,
2007--2011, including two PhD students.
- Time and Modality: A Formal Perspective, a Sciex-MNSch project funded by the CRUS. (2009/2010)
- pro*doc Research Module
Properties and Relations, part of the pro*doc program "Mind, Normativity,
Self, and Properties" funded by the SNF, 2007-2010, director
Kevin Mulligan, including two PhD students.
- Properties and
Relations, a research project funded by the Swiss National
Science Foundation (SNF), 2007--2009, director Kevin Mulligan,
including six post-doctoral
- The Formal Ontology of
Properties and Relations, a research project funded by the
Boninchi Foundation, 2006-2008, director Kevin Mulligan, including
three post-doctoral researchers.
- CUSO doctoral workshop with Josh Parsons, March 27 (Geneva)
- Workshop on mixtures and stuff, June 6-8 (Geneva)
- Workshop on Location and Mereology, June 14 (Geneva)
- Workshop in Metaphysics and Mathematics, June 20 (Geneva)
- Explanation in Metaphysics, June 22-23 (Neuchâtel)
- Conference on Kit Fine, July 28 - August 3 (Lago di Comabbio)
- Laws of Nature, Dispositions, and Natural Modality, September 9-10 (Geneva)
- Conference on the ontology of the mind, September 16-18 (Ligerz)
- Themes from Baxter II, October 21-25 (Ligerz)
A list of events up until 2012 can be found here.
Scientific Responsibility for eidos:
- Philipp Blum, scientific collaborator, Geneva
- Paolo Bonardi, Postdoc, Geneva
- Pablo Carnino, PhD student, Geneva
- Damiano Costa, PhD student, Geneva
- Akiko Frischhut, Postdoc, Geneva
- Ghislain Guigon, scientific collaborator, Geneva
- Salim Hireche, PhD student, Geneva
- Olivier Massin, scientific collaborator, Geneva
- Robert Michels, Postdoc, Geneva
- Jan Plate, Postdoc, Neuchâtel
- Maria Scarpati, PhD student, Neuchâtel
- Alexander Skiles, Postdoc, Neuchâtel
- Jan Walker, PhD student, Neuchâtel
- Marcel Weber, professor of philosophy at the University of Geneva
eidos is affiliated with Dynamis - The Finnish Network for Metaphysics.
Lando (Pisa), September 2007 -- February 2008
Zerbudis (Buenos Aires), January 2008 -- March 2008
Mantegani (Texas at Austin), March 2008 -- June 2008
Plourde (University of Quebec and Sherbrooke University),
March 2008 -- June 2008
- Jan Willem
Wieland (Amsterdam), November 2008 -- December 2008
Tahko (Durham), October 2009 - December 2009
- Jacek Wawer (Jagiellonian University), November 2009 -- November 2010
- Clare Mac Cumhaill (Edinburgh), February 2010 -- November 2010
- Sebastian Tomasz Kolodziejczyk (Jagiellonian University), October 2010 -- October 2011
- Sébastien Richard (Université Libre de Bruxelles ), April 2012 -- June 2012
- Fiora Salis (University of Lisbon), July 2012 -- December 2012
- Kit Fine,
Grenon, Knowledge Media Institute (KMI), Open University
Ichikawa Jenkins, University of British Columbia
University and IFOMIS, Saarland University
- E. J.
Nolan, Australian National University
Rodríguez-Pereyra, University of Oxford
Rosefeldt, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Group, University of Barcelona
Schneider, Institut Jean Nicod, Paris
- Peter Simons,
Trinity College, Dublin
- click here
for the progress reports;
- click here
for the funding applications.
- click here
to send an email to all eidos members
- click here
to send people interested in eidos activities
This document last modifiedTuesday, 18-Mar-2014 14:36:36 CET