The Master in Philosophy at USI differs from many other philosophy programs:
- It offers courses in contemporary analytic philosophy and in the history of philosophy, ancient and medieval, which are designed to complement each other.
- Its focus is on theoretical philosophy and its history - especially on metaphysics and the philosophy of mind.
- It has a strong thematic unity; time - the metaphysics of time, temporal consciousness, the logic and linguistics of time, the philosophy of history, the nature of narratives, time and social ontology.
- It requires students to submit regular written work, to produce research papers and to develop their discussion skills in class.
- It offers courses in philosophy for up to at least 105 ECTS.
This full-time study program comprises 120 ECTS spread over 4 semesters (usual duration 2 years). All philosophy courses are in English. It is possible for students to earn their degree by taking courses in English only.