The Lake Geneva Graduate Conference is an annual event organized by the graduate students of the Universities of Fribourg, Neuchâtel, Lausanne and, Geneva (Switzerland). The third edition of the conference will be held in Neuchâtel on December 17th, 2018.
Keynote speakers :
Simon Feldman (Connecticut College, USA) Anne Meylan (University of Basel, Switzerland )
Here is a sample of questions presentations may deal with:
- How is it possible to distinguish authentic from alienating mental states ?
- What does it mean to behave authentically ?
- What does it mean to be authentically oneself ?
- What are the relations between authenticity requirements and moral requirements?
- What are the differences between authenticity and (Kantian) autonomy?
Call for papers:
We invite submissions from graduate students willing to present their papers.
- All papers should be of a maximum of 2 pages (5000 characters with spaces).
- Presentations will last 30 minutes, and will be followed by 20 to 30 minutes of discussion.
- Only PDF files will be accepted.
- Submissions must be prepared for blind-review.
- Please include a separate PDF file as a cover page with your name, the title of your submission, your current academic affiliation and your email address.
- Please send your submissions to the following address: email@example.com
Every effort will be made to cover travel costs in part, if not fully.
Extended deadline for submission:
Monday, September 3, 2018.
Registration for non-speaker participants:
Registration is free of charge, but mandatory. Please email us if you want to register.
Graduate students from the CUSO area (Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel) are eligible for refunding of train fares. They can apply through our website. We warmly invite them to register on the CUSO website.
Richard Glauser (Neuchâtel), Fabrice Teroni (Geneva & Fribourg), Jean-Claude Wolf (Fribourg).This event is generously supported by the Conférence Universitaire de Suisse Occidentale (CUSO), and hosted by the Institute of Philosophy, University of Neuchâtel.
For submissions and questions regarding submissions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions and registration (free), please send us an email at email@example.com.